Thursday, November 11, 2010

For Bangi Tol

Today, i was the forced  designated driver to send Connie, Jul, Jean and Menn to the airport. What i am about to post is almost similar to my previous post "For McD", only with an alternate ending.

Now, in my wallet, i have RM1.30 (at the time I thought I had RM1.10) and i thought "Heck, i wouldn't need money..i'm just sending people off". TET!!!! 

Boy was i wrong...

Anyhow, after having breakfast with Connie in KLIA (BTW, thanks for the food :P), she gave me RM10 to pay for the parking which thus left me with RM11.10. We said our goodbyes and off she went..*waves handkerchief*. So, i walked to the carpark, and paid RM6.50 for parking which then leaves me with RM4.60.

It was raining heavily as i exited, barely able to see what is 100 meters ahead. I drove slowly though there are maniacs who still go in 100km/h. Stress you know...then takes drugs..and then got problem again...~ ~ ~

The fuel was almost empty, and i had thought of using RM3 i had for the parking change for fuel...and played with the idea...


So, driving in 60 or 50km/h, i didn't see the sign of the road, which as any of you may be able to guess, i missed the junction and led me straight to the highway and into the toll. 

"Dang"

I couldn't turn back, so i took the toll ticket. By now, my head had vigorously calculated the amount of money i have with me and saw 50cents on the dashboard, which makes at the time known to me, that i have RM5.10.  By now, i had two problems:

1) i am running out of fuel
2) i had to pay the toll charges

So, i decided to just not put in gas, and had through experience, estimated that i still can go on to Bangi with the amount of fuel i have. As i drove, i saw the sign

"BANGI      30KM"

.. =.=" (by now, my head was filled with prayers and simulating various worse case scenario, and coming up with solutions...) Please remember, the amount of money i thought i had.

So, as i came upon the toll, my heart was pumping like mad..like i was going through some near death experience or what... I gave the kakak the toll ticket and the amount that i had to pay...

RM5.20

So, i gave her RM5.10 that i had and mind you, it was all in cents and she counted the money as i ran my fingers into every corner of my wallet and found 20cents...


THANK GOD

She said, "Kurang seposen lagi dik", just as i found the two 10cents and gave one of those lifesavers to where it belong... The horizontal pole before me lifted and glorious light emits as i passed through the gates of hell.. 

So, now, i am at the roundabout and the meter indicated below the "E" symbol. I told myself, now at least if i'm stuck, i could call for help (konfid, sikda credit moak call camney?), or at least i could walk to UKM.. But thank goodness, i arrived in UKM... :D.. dah..enough adventure for one week, mati la aku ~ ~ ~


Now the car's meter looks like this, and so is my energy-o-meter. This is a cue for me to exit and take a nap...

*drool*


5 comments:

  1. make sure u got money everytime ur going out la...haih

    ReplyDelete
  2. so stress i read you know...then what was next? how did u fill in petrol?

    ReplyDelete
  3. in the end Visha asked me to send her to KTM station, so she filled the tank with RM3 worth of fuel. After sending her, terus aku hantar the car. Miahaha! ~ ~ ~

    ReplyDelete